The Original Orion Cooker®
- Overview [+]The Orion Cooker is a new, innovative outdoor convection cooker that uses three cooking processes simultaneously: convection, steam and smoke (if desired). This cooking process couldn't be any easier and yields incredible results every time. Using 100% indirect heat to create a convection current, there is absolutely no cooking maintenance with drastically reduced cook times. When compared to traditional smokers, the Orion Cooker is unmatched in cooking speed. Smoke six racks of ribs in 1 hour and 15 minutes, or a twenty pound turkey in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
The Orion Cooker includes 3 rib hangers to accommodate 6 racks of ribs, 3 cooking grates providing 398 square inches of cooking surface, and a poultry stand and lifting handle which holds a 24 pound Turkey. Fantastic prime rib, beef brisket, boston butt and seafood. Just fill it, fire it and forget it!
- How it works [+]Three basic steps – Load, Light and Eat!
- Load the Orion Cooker [+]
- Load the Orion Cooker® with ribs, turkey, chicken, seafood, etc.
- Place charcoal in both the top and bottom rings.
- Wood chips can also be added to enhance the flavor.
- Light the Orion Cooker [+]
- Light the charcoal in both of the charcoal rings.
- Walk away and let the Orion Cooker® do the rest of the work.
- Indirect heat creates a constant convection current that cooks your meat quickly and evenly.
- Ready to Eat [+]
- 100% indirect heat cooks quickly and delivers a slow cooked taste.
- Enjoy moist, tender meat.
- Cooking Times [+]
Table CaptionMeatWeightTime (hours:min)Chicken3-4 lb1:10Whole TurkeyWhole Turkey20 lb15 lb2:15 (7 min per pound)1:45
(7 min per pound)Prime Rib7-8 lb1:30
(12-15 min per pound)Beef BrisketBeef Brisket6-7 lb13-14 lb3:004:30Baby Back RibsBaby Back Ribs6 racks3 racks1:151:10Port Roast7 lb1:15Boston ButtBoston Butts (2)5 lb6-7 lb/each3:304:30Pork Chops1.5" cut0:35 – 0:40Salmon Fillet2-3 lb0:30Chicken WingsChicken Wings20 wings40 wings0:451:00