Contributor: John Underwood - Highlands, NC
Calories Per Serving: NA
Preparation Time: 1hr
- Rosemary cup
- Salt cup
- Pepper cup
- 3 lemons
- Apple wood chips
- (3) 2-3 lbs salmon filets
- Mix salt, pepper and rosemary together in small bowl.
- Cut 9 lemon slices 1/8 inch thick.
- Evenly spread the salt, pepper mix on the salmon filets.
- Place lemon slices on top of filets.
- Add apple chips between cooking cylinder and drip pan.
- Place cooking grate on top level and place filet on cooking grate.
- Add charcoal to upper and lower charcoal rings.
- Light both upper and lower charcoal rings and check after 30 minutes.
- Filet will be cooked when meat is flaky.
For more of a smoke flavor. Place chips between drip pan and cooking cylinder. Without lid on cylinder, light coals in lower charcoal ring.
Check cooking cylinder after about 15 minutes. When the chips begin to smoke, place filets on cooking grate.
Place lid on cooking cylinder and light the unlit coals in the upper charcoal ring. The filets will be done when the meat is flaky roughly 30 minutes.
- Tags: Salmon
- Christian Fitzgerald