- 4-5 lb Brisket Worcestershire Sauce
- Dr. Pepper (not diet)
- Soy Sauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Poke holes in the brisket with a meat tenderizer.
- Then, place brisket in a zip-lock bag, add a 3-1 ratio of Dr. Pepper to Apple Cider Vinegar (enough to cover the brisket), 4 Tbsp of Brown Sugar, a little Garlic Powder, Worcestershire Sauce, and Soy Sauce.
- Seal the zip-lock bag, check it for leaks, and place bag in the fridge for 4-5 days. Flip it on occasion.
- Take the brisket out of the marinade 45 minutes before cooking.
- Add hickory wood chips between the drip pan and the inside wall of the cooking cylinder and put about 28 oz. of water in the drip pan.
- Place the brisket on the middle rack, fat side up, and put the bacon strips on top of the brisket.
- Cook at 25-30 minutes per pound, to an internal temperature of 195-200 degrees.
- When you take the brisket out of the Orion, double wrap it in aluminum foil. Let it rest for 90 minutes.
- Cut thinly against the grain and enjoy.
- Tags: Beef
- Christian Fitzgerald