Bru’s 3-Meat (Turkey ‘n Pork ‘n Rib Roast)
Jeff Brubaker Hamler, OH
- Three 2 lb Turkey Breasts
- One 5 lb Pork Loin (cut into 2 chunks)
- One 8 lb Rib Roast (not completely thawed)
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Garlic Salt
- Tony Chachere’s Cajun Seasoning
- Coat the Turkey, Pork Loin, and Rib Roast with all 3 seasonings.
- Add wood chips between cooking cylinder and drip pan (I used apple wood chips).
- Place the Rib Roast inside the drip pan.
- Place 1 chunk of the Pork Loin on the lower rack and the other chunk on the middle rack.
- Place one Turkey Breast on each of the 3 Rib Hangers.
- Add charcoal to both the upper and lower charcoal rings. Light and come back in 2 hours.
Additional Comments:Check both meats for doneness with thermometer. (I used a remote thermometer in the Rib Roast and fed it through one of the screw holes for the rib hanger receptacles. I placed the remote thermometer in the Rib Roast. The internal temperature was 27 degrees. (I had placed the Rib Roast in the refrigerator 2 days before to thaw but it was still frozen when I removed it. Worked out in the end) It took 1 hour for the temperature to go up one degree. From there on it shot up pretty quick, around a degree a minute at times. I removed the Turkey Breasts and Pork Loin at 2 hours. The temperature of the Pork Loin was 125 degrees. I removed the Pork Loin 40 minutes later at a temperature of 145 degrees. I put all three types of meats in pre-warmed crock pots and sealed with tin foil. I let them all set for an hour on warm before carving.)
- Christian Fitzgerald