Wise Dusty Bowie , MD
- Six 2-2-1/4” Thick Loin or Center Cut Bone-in Pork Chops
- Preferred Wood Chips (such as apple)
- Preferred Pork Dry Rub
- Dissolve 1/3 cup of pork rub in 1 gallon of water and brine chops for 2 hours.
- Remove chops and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub chops all over with preferred pork rub, cover with plastic wrap, and bring to room temperature.
- In the meantime, fire up your Orion Cooker with your preferred wood chips, and wait until the chips are really smoking before adding the chops to the cooker.
- Place the chops bone side down on the racks and smoke to 135 to 140 degrees (check after 35 minutes).
- Remove, cover, let the chops rest for 20-25 minutes and ENJOY.