Larry Bradshaw Pontiac, Illinois
- Caribbean Jerk Shrimp 25-50 Tail-on, Peeled/Deveined Shrimp (Colossal or extra large size works best for me)
- 1 bottle of KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk Marinade
- Wood chips (Since the shrimp cook fast, mesquite is best to get a real smoky flavor, but any wood can be used with good results)
- Place thawed and rinsed shrimp into a gallon size food storage bag.
- Pour entire bottle of marinade into bag.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place wood chips in the Orion Cooker. Light the cooker and wait for the wood chips to produce heavy smoke.
- Place the shrimp onto 2 grates. Use the middle and top locations for cooking, and the bottom grate to catch the ones that fall through. Place the grates in the cooker and close the lid.
- Lift the lid after 8 minutes to check for doneness.
The shrimp are done when the tail turns pink and the body has changed from gray to white/pink. If overcooked, they become a little tough and rubbery, so check often. These are also great re-heated.