Bru’s 2-Meat - Turkey n Pork
Jeff Brubaker Hamler, OH
- 12 lb Turkey
- 5 lb Pork Loin (cut into 2 chunks)
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Tony Chachere’s Cajun Seasoning
- Coat both the Turkey and the Pork Loin with all 3 seasonings.
- Sprinkle Paprika inside the Turkey cavity.
- Add wood chips between cooking cylinder and drip pan. (I used mesquite wood chips first time and on another occasion used apple wood chips. Both worked great.)
- Place the Turkey on the Poultry Post and stand it inside the Orion Cooker.
- Place 1 chunk of the Pork Loin on the middle rack and the other chunk on the top rack.
- Add charcoal to both the upper and lower charcoal rings.
- Light and come back in 2 hours.
Check both meats for doneness with thermometer. (I used a remote thermometer in the Pork Loin and fed it through one of the screw holes for the rib hanger receptacles. When I removed the meat at 2 hours, the temperature was 125 degrees. Before serving, I put both type of 23 WARNING: USING THE COOKER INDOORS CAN CAUSE CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING! DO NOT LIGHT COOKER NEAR ANY FLAMMABLE OBJECT! meats in pre-warmed crock pots, sealed them with tin foil and let set for an hour on warm before carving.)